Hanes - Where Oh Where did my favorite underwear go?

7 of 61 Hanes reviews

I have been purchasing size 4 Hanes Panties for over a decade. These were my go-to brand. They were soft, comfortable, and they fit so well, especially for someone without much of a derriere. When I wanted to treat myself, I would buy a new pack of Hanes.

Well, I bought a multi-pack recently, and I wanted to cry. Opening the package, I felt stiff and scratchy underwear. Not my normal soft ones.

I washed them, but to no avail. It didn't help the matter. Even worse, when I tried them on, it didn't even appear that there was elastic. The sizing was way off, and these size 4 could have fit a man.

Again, what happened to Hanes underwear? I can't deal with another pair of Granny panties when I don't want Granny panties!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Bad sizing

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Hanes 4 Pair Girl Shorts 4Xs Lower Rise Modern Fit
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #902165

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Hanes? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
7 of 61 Hanes reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Lelouch

Nov 01 #1234632 Collingswood, New Jersey, United States

Wow ... I've had the same problems, but with the men's boxerbriefs! The old pairs I had - which lasted for years - finally started breaking the elastic strands in the waistband. I was really bummed to find out that the same (well, close enough) product is now of horrible quality.
The fabric is thin and rough. It isn't bad enough to bother me all the time, but I can easily feel the difference between the old and the new. With the old ones, I can't see through them. These new ones are so thin that I can see through them!
Another concern is the waistband. The fabric is wrapped around the waistband to prevent the waistband from irritating the skin. But it irritates your skin anyways, because the fabric doesn't completely cover the waistband!!! Yes, there are like 3mm's of uncovered waistband, which digs into the skin. My solution is to roll up the waistband, like as if you were rolling up your shirt sleeve. That way, the waistband is fully covered by the fabric.
Yet another complaint I have is the fit - even though they are from the same package, each pair is noticeably different from the others, indicating sloppy workmanship. One is tighter than the other, etc...
Oh and also ... the package claimed that they don't "ride-up" the legs. Well, they don't at first, but after a few hours of wearing them, they're bunched up around the crotch!
The fabric around the leg openings becomes stretched out and no longer holds its shape. There is no elastic in the leg openings!
... Show more

0 0 Reply

Aug 31 #1206240 South Haven, Michigan, United States

I've had the same problem with the cheap scratchy cloth, but my size issue is just the opposite; they're at least a size too small! And no, I haven't gained weight; I've been wearing size 8 for decades!

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.